Re: [CBQ] Re: Student Trips

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Student Trips
From: "Noel georgecrawfordsr@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:18:03 -0400
Cc: mike decker <mdecker@gwtc.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1400699885; bh=GgE6DWf6Rt1Wl9712GmRddvtN8U7DnLt6ccUjz9l65s=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:User-Agent:To:Cc:References:In-Reply-To:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ebdNbPsUO+xggqG7+5NVFMgvk0tvmFFTR8+Ev2oanPZeVPCrkTY5RjM27cp8xzXInf9iKeA+EGvRWNBPPCzqbYCl5l68vXcF/UechIuVhwZ+/tzib2NgymHtmFOckOf8AUG3QbMwnriKAHqedTnETSbhsodH/aAWil0GviKlrkQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
When I was 18 (1959) and home from Neb U on break, my first stop was the Depot in York, NB. There was a RH switch just east of the depot for the mile plus passing track. A fresh breakman came by and unlocked the switch and proceeded to tug and pull on the switch handle with no results. The rest of the crew was on the platform with me snickering and giggling . I thought the poor guy was going to bend the handle or get a hernia when I turned to the Captain and said "should I show him the peddle lock? I thought he was going to bust a gut laughing and shouted to the rookie. Hey (?) let this civilian show you how to do it. I went over the the peddle lock, stomped it down and threw the switch. Had him double check it for alignment. All he did was mumble "thanks" and went about his duties.
Noel Crawford