Re: [CBQ] CB&Q “Night Crawler”

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q “Night Crawler”
From: <brownelldan@yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2014 20:35:12 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1397341809; bh=zF+5hAU5ySnG1FY0zqIUVmu5QADDxpkH/QEPkmex5KU=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:X-Received:Message-ID:X-Mailer:MIME-Version:References:In-Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:To:Sender:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=G7SnuGzMe13+gUlP+JTPTBbW/mS3M7DddAa5+lmmOBRKJJ44YEgvA7qamEGCMwlygThIJPtNRS7/YkCsZdjtM0Y6NFiZ8WedvB8Tj+SGIY8LVEvlUVyTMHgfWQnL6ixUVwJ3kMYRFWXNPgwg+lxAVUaiLwbJG9kiw4sNi/x5fNg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
My Dad was a Section Foreman and the Section Houses were right next to the
house at Orpha & Glendo, WY.  Trains # 29 & 30 went right past my house every
day.  Going to Denver was late at night and the one going Billings was early in
the morning. As a rail road brat I got to ride the Passenger Trains for free &
it was great fun.  In the early 1960's these two trains would haul kids to
Denver to attend such things as the Ice capades, garden of the gods, red rocks,
Denver zoo, etc.  I got to go one time and it was great fun to walk through all
the cars and see kids from other towns.  Made a lot of new friends that day
(Sat); about 1961 or 62 I believe.
 There were passenger trains that ran from Casper to N. Platte, NE or something
like that & can not remember the number 25 & 26 maybe?   Anyway I rode that
train a lot as my grandparents lived in Casper, WY & Mitchell, Neb and I also
had friends in Douglas & Glenrock.  I loved riding the passenger trains & would
love to again.   They had the BEST cold ham sandwiches.   It was a sad day when
the passenger/mail trains stopped running through WY on the CB&Q, C&S.  My Dad
also lived at Wendover, WY which is the Jct for the C&S going to Denver.    Dan
Brownell, Rawlins, WY