Re: [CBQ] GN Unit's East of Twin Cities

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GN Unit's East of Twin Cities
From: "fhc925@frontier.com" <fhc925@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1395344851; bh=qsdCdiEKo76sZvmutKjRjuJryeZgusgg1g5nLDkhvIs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=4ks8iK/tRrHDQcxXB2IC+VbOYVUfh4Lhe7LnSQyGgOtyBc3BDjWI5x+EQbAxzYwUbjfD4b3Qeja5rfavZLVokl18uc51Cbho6XFMW4ZM6SAu8gkW6fVAguNtGFuNJtEj2QqYSDx/3e9ZxEGvkU1ZbrowmdSPz5YTL+ZQGmDhTaY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If I remember correctly after the merger in 1970 Q E units ran as far west as
Havre on the old GN.  I do not know about GN or NP units east of St. Paul or Q
units west on the NP from St. Paul.  I think that the availability of so many Q
E units at merger time would have caused BN to transfer GN and NP passenger Fs
into freight service.
Fred Crissey

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:32 PM, Kenneth Middleton <krmiddle@charter.net>