[CBQ] Colonel Preemptively Fires Himself

To: undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: [CBQ] Colonel Preemptively Fires Himself
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:42:33 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1393270955; bh=RkfwMz2PUGGS9n2OlA5F4HttpwUiAMOktzfvpkXFdvs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=L1zctAn3K0SUxthLBtfWZ4IKC7qVwl8jTzqjIpHkACgHXcZN89iUgRscGYP+v3S0e81IUu+7oJrj0JveHRwopfPpbvFP+Io1iYwx5dx+JGBeu6Xh34Fyxu+qS9K4V2/xbqwBU/Er7DL12160jxFZwDOzUQzJofz5DvtaD2+JXJ4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

 Photo Credit: US Air  Force
        * Air Force
Colonel Preemptively Fires Himself While  Assuming Command
By Duffel Blog Staff | February 24,  2014 12 Comments
        *
        *
        *
        *
LANGLEY AIR BASE — Citing the  alarming number of military officers who’ve had
their careers ended this year  for sexual impropriety, Air Force Col. Nolan
Franscastle preemptively removed  himself from leadership of the 1st Fighter
Wing just 30 minutes into the  ceremony that marked his assumption of command.
“The numbers don’t lie,” Franscastle said to the capacity crowd  right after
thanking the band and the color guard for being at the ceremony.  “I’m an
otherwise stable forty-something male with no history of misconduct  being put
in a position of moderate authority.  I have to face the facts  and get in
front of this thing.”
Franscastle addressed his family, saying, “I apologize for  potentially
bringing discredit to you. Although I haven’t actually done  anything, the most
recent statistics among my peers across the military show I  could have done
something to embarrass you.”
The guest speaker for the change of command, Maj. Gen. H.D.  Polumbo, commander
of 9th Air Force, left the dais immediately following  Franscastle’s
resignation and was unavailable for comment. However, his public  affairs
officer, Maj. Beth Meyerson, said, “It’s important to note that the  general
was unaware of the thing that never happened. And he’s already ordered a  full
investigation into it.”
“Command is a career killer in the 21st Century,” said James McKnight of the
New American Thing, a Washington, D.C.-based military think tank. “Smart
officers have learned to avoid it altogether.”
Note: This was a guest a post from a contributor who wishes to remain
anonymous.

Read more:
http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/02/air-force-change-of-command/#ixzz2uGop0sbj