[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Barriger Photos, CONSOLIDATED INDEX - More additions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Barriger Photos, CONSOLIDATED INDEX - More additions
From: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:51:55 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1392771124; bh=9txbuGzpwINpiPgIaoDQWa5N7QDvdGz7HuOIBGwbxj4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=no1QEUrsmlhzyEBB8zUKoDspjoUH8IxWiI9rqPfZCKgQ3EPmkCFBpLue6f9LWom+ZiLOyV9LJNr4QEEOtnuiVYgeEJNCROBWv9+HJdSNi69aStpM2seNccFOTo+gao2t2ZU4dRI8+iBENoSGKLcxB3qliIQaSIbZEut/0Ir3iqg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Actually Dave the photos in the Barriger collection have pretty good
descriptions of the location of the photo, at least in the photo albums. But
there are a few errors, as Mr. Barriger had a couple of ladies who over many
years assembled the photo albums using his photos and notes. That is what I
noticed when I was at the Mercantile Library doing some research.

I suspect the person doing the scanning is using the photo number as the ID
when scanned. It appears that the Mercantile Library, who owns the
collection and is doing the scanning, is now slowly going back and
correcting the reversed images. It could be that in the future they will
also re-label or add location information. But I suspect they will keen the
numbers as that is how the images are identified in their inventory filing
system.

I suggest someone simple add comments to the photos as posted on Flicker.
That is what we have done with the M&StL photos, offering location
information as we can best identify. That way anyone looking at the photo
online, can access the comments and learn what community has to say about
the image.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org