Re: [CBQ] Re: 1956 Empties

To: CBQ <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: 1956 Empties
From: John Manion <railbass@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 09:52:16 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1387903937; bh=qzefRMbns2+dSIUHC0WyYGu42rYbyHeXPKVn04e7JWk=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:X-Google-Sender-Auth:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=aY3OvMcsLme8aZDsIXpXdwAX7a9HVvu457BaaO5kFTi6kyEA0oaT3stkQVf65rT9Xgzx99+zhYg9p/cAckH6eQtE3kMxSyxN/i/KCrjg8sCMktKh4F/AWHfqOpJbQhP05mCS4p6NJ84sFRRPm94f1c1YQdiwB5AzLNnNw9lcHv4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Another source of digitized photos is the Western History Collection of the Denver Public Library.   The photos began with those of Otto Perry, but also include Robert Richardson, Dick Kindig, and numerous others.   Freight cars were rarely the subject of these photos.   You can search by locomotive number, i.e. CB&Q 5631, and date.   The library collection is divided into several categories, but the category most relevant for this search would be "CB&Q trains."   You can order photos from the collection, but they are good resolution and can be printed online for free.   The primary requirement for these photos is that they be credited to "Western History Collection, Denver Public Library."   Otto and others took thousands of photos, and most of them are digitized in the collection.   The photos which have been digitized are mostly Colorado photos, but others include railroads which operated into Colorado, such as CB&Q, in other states in which they operated.   I have utilized photos of the D&RGW from locations in Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO