[CBQ] Re: 1956 Empty stock cars eastbound

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 1956 Empty stock cars eastbound
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:49:41 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1387813787; bh=JHxgfx9EdOb24C/sYy8gr0JliL6OfczBO/svQs+LKc4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=v5ty2c0vY5b2zIvlOpU6RdfPaM3lo0L+HmhNzq6Ze35axJeooHSySEKxMxHucgwKyx6LDak3wgchgAz2v7LTs6k3153Cp+bie8dv3Y88afVJQpwJ5IOy+WhvkkccIV0/Q8CyFNeT4sVlpvpJuSS+LqkYBJYKwD/EWQHIBZOuFBY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

John,

Thanks for the clarification on the car house and the additional information on car movements. The car house in the photo is a small low building, probably not more than 6 or 8 feet high, with a roof slightly sloped to the rear.In fact, the whole building is slightly sloped away from the track. The typical wood rails leading from the building to the adjacent track are evident.

My main point in the post was that, based on the series of photos, the stock cars in question in Leo's post, were not in #5621's consist when it arrived at Shabbona, but were there when it left eastbound. It seems apparent to me that these particular stock cars came into Shabbona with a load of livestock on an earlier train and left empty, eastbound in #5621's consist on 10/16/1956 having been picked up by #5621's crew. It is certainly possible that east of Waterman. the stock cars could have been routed to some ot   her location for another load. I did not intend to imply that it was certain that they would be returned home from Eola. That was just speculation on my part as I have no such knowledge of their disposition after Waterman. Thanks again for adding another potential possibility. Maybe there is another photo or two out there that could give us a more complete answer!

I do have one question. The lead stock car clearly has truss rods. Weren't truss rod equipped cars outlawed for interchange service at some point in time?

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO