[CBQ] CB&Q Facilities Book

To: "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Facilities Book
From: Art Peterson <artpeterson38@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:45:45 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1383947147; bh=4+cPy7WGhL13Z5STGZ4GK/S9NJr3WzUSb3pnovtVhcE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=j8TqPNZk47HoYZef9cA+aDpI4O+ZN+EGihmEcVWMLTgSgeet/llPlfR3QLtse92zN+8H84Bbx3S051DTdRr2hon7ODimQlZyweMLdOXpS8gx4Z2rLsUSAvfH9tkbUOKUMHoMjXpdJMPOk9JjpTvyItnP4vjl9LvJFj/kjL5XYgM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I've had a number of questions about the forthcoming book. Recognizing that others may have the same or similar questions, I'll try to fill in more details.

First of all, the book will be published by Morning Sun Books as part of their ongoing all-color book publishing effort. That, of course, puts constraints on the time frame within which the images fall. In this book we have material from the 1960's through the early days of BN. We welcome older images and can handle any that need restoration.

The "facilities" designation can be confusing, since some railroads did not include stations/depots as such in their engineering records. We consider any fixed (non-moving) property as facilities, and you will see a wide variety of these in this and subsequent books. In many instances you'll see trains so as to put things into context.

Our first goal is to cover the CB&Q lines division by division as of 1964. Once that is done, we do hope to cover the C&S and FtW&D lines in another volume. We do have good coverage of much of what we are working on,  but welcome an opportunity to consider any images that any of you might consent to loan to us. I will care for them as I do my own, scanning them and returning them, unscathed, promptly. Do feel free to contact me with any questions you have on any thoughts or concerns.

Since the book will be released March 1, 2014, it should be available at the March 29 meeting of the CB&Q Historical Society. List price is $59.95; discounts are typically available.

Art Peterson