RE: Re: [CBQ] Denver Zephyr Sign [1 Attachment]

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: Re: [CBQ] Denver Zephyr Sign [1 Attachment]
From: <nick.gully@gmail.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2013 16:32:10 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1382225534; bh=8DVclmdoByzlP8v3/LmjyRyXXL/Js0VrcSdd4SARhqg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:References:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=BdJjSs9/ketmNKQatfQUgNKNDYZo3q2ni/OzKdcBqVONDGsjSpd+E9Or5wTZspr8YzaWF0GX05RLLzix87H3XB6/FYxgrVNplckSP3ihuFFzV07HAsJeqx3eO4aZZaPmienk7VKxqFRkz3fwgJ8d2bzSEoVvjF9LVOBnR0RM2Bg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from nick.gully@gmail.com included below]

 Here is about the same shot slightly farther north up Broadway today. The only building that appears to be the same is the stone spire of the Trinity United Methodist Church you can see through the hotel sign.

-Nick

---In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, <cbq@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I see the Shirley-Savoy Hotel in the background, suggesting to me that the picture was taken from the southwest corner of Colfax and Broadway.  Judging from the cars in the picture and the paint scheme on the trolley buses, it had to be closer to 1950 than 1955.  Do you remember when Tramway switched their colors to red and cream?