RE: [CBQ] Signal References

To: "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Signal References
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 13:51:44 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1381438306; bh=55uFrBo5qzjBVcnwD0joKmRju5bWkgUyWJSk83Vx6sE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-TMN:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=qDsuYG0gr5hBrgOtg9sO+Nz9jUoxibjSkYeIvugEvZRteL+5N1waMYap8zeWZnxOdvo28CBVBgBEqyPZCWeF/ZkpNZhS0ZJiTM/cPNNFreKx9e6Ij0XH81yMNFOG9wnEdXcr9I+BMAKDjNOcrM1eNxxVLkIR32TStc2fx/U2ZnA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Nelson:

Iowa City is reasonably close to St. Louis.  If you get a chance, go to the Mercantile Library at the University of Missouri, St. Louis.  It is on the north side of St. Louis south of Lambert Field.

The Mercantile Library has a large transportation reference library, including many periodicals.  Included are complete volumes of 'The Signal Engineer' renamed 'Railway Signal Engineer' renamed 'Railway Signaling' renamed 'Railway Signaling and Communications', from about 1906 or 1907 to past 1970.

There is a lot of information in these volumes on CB&Q signals, literally hundreds of pages if one were to copy every reference to the CB&Q.  It's not a complete history, but still a lot of info.  I have copied most of this information, or at least taken notes of what is on a particular page, to help with research on Q signals.

Glen Haug