[CBQ] Train travel itineraries

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Train travel itineraries
From: <twhitt86@comcast.net>
Date: 30 Sep 2013 07:29:42 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1380551383; bh=2fnJW0qKNy8l6mz1+xhwnHFTp0yvwiCWnz4cvPFiL1w=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=OLNwRWjHvPZ4POXtl1An+/L+UcNtZhPcb2GTERWufWxxdwPVCsQvE9pR4Cp+dnMvNqkxFo79SZSsv8DCdj5WEy/3o5/pMHL0Uve6btNhc7nSSY7Hsz+dDmGdx+gnLYvGiBg5s4PzmPUJQodq0nwS6wCxvvgHhZ5rmHQ+gH/bl9I=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hi – My name is John Shontz. I am working on a project with orphan train riders and their families to develop train travel itineraries for the riders. The time line we work with is about 1870 to 1929. I am wondering if you can help me find Burlington Route timetables for passenger trains between Chicago and St. Paul during that time period. We do NOT charge the riders (now in their 80s plus) nor their families anything for this service, by the way.

Specifically, I need some information about travel from Chicago to St. Paul in the summer of 1914 on the Burlington Route. We are trying to establish the probably itinerary for a traveler who came from New York City as a two year old from the New York Foundling Hospital to a family in rural Minnesota. We know that she arrived in Chicago at about 4:00 p.m. on a date certain during the summer of 1914 on the New York Central. We also know when she arrived (on a Great Northern passenger train) in Morris, Minnesota at 4:18 p.m. the next day. We need to establish the Burlington Route link between Chicago and St. Paul.

We have just started this project and expect to work with over 500 families this fall and winter trace their relatives’ trips as young children. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks, John Shontz, 603 South Oakes Street, Helena, Montana 59601 – 406-443-4534 - <johnmshontz@gmail.com>