Re: [CBQ] RE: [BRHSlist] Re: Access to Q printed data via BRHS

To: "BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>, "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: [BRHSlist] Re: Access to Q printed data via BRHS
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:01:17 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1380319282; bh=Wa6wcZ2VxVZlkyGoxlz4t4XxPTvmVsaR/b+qbREkO8o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ryUS+RxHimR1ZF/UHox0JTBnyWy6P61nzmorA4fRF28SLrHBY4s3LXfVDap2QMXPaOdLedDPbA8mCfJxtDTQRaWF5WOUeDfjbkkKJCM76kztq7zHGxPbF8FWko/DMKbAmp9YYT8K2IBHxL4IN9WMkoYtIGWQ3aUZgFkQe32AkCA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

This is something that the Board has discussed recently but other business has pushed it to the back burner. Considering there is this much interest, the Board should take another look at this sooner rather than later. The next Board meeting is the Sunday following the meet in Mendota, so I will be sure to get this on the agenda. I would also encourage folks to bring up ideas like this at the membership meeting. The Board exists to serve the members and not all members of the Board are on these lists.

As my personal opinion, I am all for getting as much information about the Q out there. If people have information they want to share, great! The Society should act as a medium to see this happen as this is one of the missions of the Society.

This leads me to an idea that I had for the Bulletin or perhaps the Zephyr. I have seen other societies reprint articles and photos from publications that the railroad put out over the years. I know the Q had their version of the Burlington Bulletin, but I have not seen one in person to see if there would be the type of material we could use. If we could get a collection of these magazines and permission to reprint excerpts, is this something that people would like to see?

I appreciate the discussion that has occurred on this topic and I wanted to add my thoughts sooner. We need ideas like this to keep the Society going.

Thanks!

Bryan J. Howell
BRHS VP Publications