[CBQ] Re: (unknown)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: (unknown)
From: ANDREW KOETZ <andrewkoetz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:31:18 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1374766280; bh=XDr3LFmuhvrSCwrnblDFsTWQxZRobsPBbvBgKyMPwDs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=bWH6qM/TU74dMk/Afwqbn5J9YdK0nFu8U9bQpP8Ji9k5PaLDUf2kgYw9m92RlvBgN/kiHpMRe0IczIMLQh/DJa7BLtKQOxZym3ETazHvbyt5sZg+uagZM+zd8sgAQpY7a6Ti5orwPtFbontLAfUHvxxBxGEwDfWoc+lj1pPqCV8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Did you lock knuckles a little to hard possibly knocking the rear brakeman & conductor from their chairs Karl? Hence the very "colorful language" used by the conductor over the radio :)

Re: (unknown)

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:22 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Karl Rethwisch" qrailroadman

Has anyone reading or writing these little anecdotes of railroading ever used the age old "instructional" phrase "OK, go ahead and back ‘em up" ?? It’s a common but dichotomous statement indended to inform the Engineer of the need to "get goin" - BACKWARDS. I prided myself on following, EXACTLY, the wishes of my Cond. so, after stopping to line a sw. behind us to shove into another track, I received that very command. I complied !!
We had a trusty ol’ SD9 that day and, as some may remember, SD9’s were quite responsive to the throttle and would reverse their direction in a heartbeat when requested. After the rear man got the sw. lined I followed, EXACTLY, my Conds. wishes. I could never quite understand why I received such defamatory and colorful remarks from the waycar after we got movin’. Oh well ….

Karl