[CBQ] CB&Q Waycar Wheels

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Waycar Wheels
From: "DaveS" <sartherdj@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 15:26:07 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1374420370; bh=uln18ZcaLNiW4+lzwtk61WgFnW5hThoI4X4k6cvie6o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=baxC+Qo9typYTCmabAVKXC/pIo9wymTAmrs7ccNNiNSKWEBMdr166lu1lb3pRP/eHG3gnMT0TgEfoGml4fwXJYtswx7UZjsL7x5nn8Qjjc2NrFiCV8vnbwsH771aa1WmcB3c3iKfBTSLqDUwESTzHGBbU+CoH7JEyx9hLEbjlFo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

CB&Q Modelers,

I am trying to complete an O-Scale (Proto:48) model of  a CB&Q  NE-4  waycar.  Glenn Guerra of Mullet River Model Works  www.mulletrivermodelworks.com makes a nice set of accurate brass (CB&Q P:48) waycar trucks (less wheel sets) so I have that part ready to go under the waycar.  However, in looking for the correct wheels to use I have come into an area far from my already rather narrow knowledge of the "Q", wheels.  Norm Buchart of Protocraft www.protocraft.com offers 30 ton, 40 ton, 50 ton and 70 ton P:48 (Grabowski on the Protocraft site) wheel sets to use in trucks.  NWSL offers a set of P:48 wheels but doesn't specify their tonnage rating so I would assume they are 50 ton rated most commonly used under box cars.  Maybe that is a bad assumption on my part.  I have no idea as to whether the CB&Q would have used 50 ton one wear or multi wear wheels because of their abundance around the railroad and common useage under 40' boxcars or if they would have used the 30 or 40 ton versions of the wheels under the old NE wood waycars.  Can anyone help with what type of wheels the "Q" would have used under their old wood waycars?

Thanks,   Dave Sarther