Re: [CBQ] East Dubuque, IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] East Dubuque, IL
From: Deke Reiter <deke8706@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 18:26:21 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367285182; bh=cFtpdB2p8NwaQQrRA6T9StE3vxUY2+7oYnbtYlfW0oE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=aTkhd+VpiMmKLQMjs1JFZkG1SKMTx1AMn7TXpknVzXQG6P6RT7vPOsRkp4/K3GTrJkijWBb4pLCpBZ6z1EytBrYTovFFKUa0fe6hERURKRKJGf8FE6dShpeWgNfIxTQwL/Rn8pz2u+RssS91qK806Y+HBaBII0oA4vDa5mRO/Uk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I think the center siding is gone now, but I know you can't see the river through all the trees anymore. Rich is correct, there is a bluff out of view to the right. There is currently a gravel road that goes back to the IC/CN bridge, so it would have just been a matter of parking there and walking up the track 100 yards or so north/west of the IC diamond.

This is standing on the other side of the IC with their back to the bridge and river:
www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=333829

Looking north/west toward where the 1965 photo was taken:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=231617

I believe this is the same spot today:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=231814
www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=210173

I don't remember the center siding being there when I was there 3-4 years ago but in that last picture it looks like it still is.

-Dereck