Re: [CBQ] Re: CBQ 161019

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CBQ 161019
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:38:34 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1365608317; bh=tvgoiaJf+FWQAgZtMSBh19/2Ln9o0h6v4X5PzecGzo8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=u1kE0vioKktD2J8Y5yBbwdxRq1ErD7VQxutJCiiJvaX5SKiyuA0v17n312WyNNDVp55vXVZWGZQC1fBjGbR3KKbuZusubjFWebX6qL2dw8MHMNNfim7iP3eFHJGUL2mY2Sf35IRpEdu3EwlCxmdjLjE5rrxzD1P/a/UpWHKSTJs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Yes, that was the exact route for those early unit trains (circa 1963). It has been a long time but I believe the destination was a plant of Northern States Power. They didn't run on any kind of regular basis. Long term supply contracts between coal companies and utilities were a couple of years away, so everything was on what we now call the "spot market".