[CBQ] Modern CBQ Locomotive Roster

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Modern CBQ Locomotive Roster
From: "Dwight" <dwght_anderson@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 16:11:10 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1365264679; bh=/BE79lgKWaTkM8r2conP1ODrip0lEB4tmjl4WXA/WEs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=v7n60R/xPEimH0lY4B4LAzeTYlL17SVArLcLVKSXYAmjE+AGmLxWrxUjlR2gHc4nA5lSzphwAxCWllQ7gLuhlONhH+HWpUL84TK3cbCjIzmEOqV2vZRyeouAu9QUumexQar+dhjnAHcsaz8NlvOjVEkPLnjfndZUo1iwufEL4gE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
All,

I just finished putting together what I think is a "ealistic" modern day
locomotive roster for the Burlington Route. I would not have been able to do
this without the great articles that Tom Mack wrote explaining the Q numbering
system and his suggestions.

I would like input from anyone that wants to take a look at the file. I
uploaded it in files, 'Copy of Burlington Route Roster'.

My thought process was that the Q is a stand alone company but closely aligned
with the NP and a lessor extent the GN. The Q has increased its business via
Alliance and Billings. The Q has run through arrangements with the NP and GN
for Intermodal trains via Billings. The Q also does a large amount of freight
interchange with the NP,GN at Billings.

The Powder River Coal Basin is providing tremendous business for the Q just as
it did on the BN.

The Q is the major stock holder in both the DRGW/WP to give them access to the
west coast.

The Q is competing to take trains from the Pacific Northwest to the East Coast
and the Southeast via Frisco.

The C&S/FWD are now integrated into the Q as one company.

I am a passenger fan so I had to keep those trains. My idea being the Amtrak
was created to help the bankrupt Eastern Railroads. The western roads being in
better financial condition kept most of the passenger trains but are getting
Gov't assistance in lieu of Amtrak.

I have kept Mail and Express trains running with the Q having the same trains
as the 50's/60's. The REA is alive and well although slimmed down a bit and
competing against UPS/FedEx.

I think the roster reflects pretty well what a modern system would look like. I
work for the Norfolk Southern so copied a few of our locomotive styles for the
Q.

Please let me know what you think if you care to look.

Tom, thanks again for that great help you provided. I know that took a lot of
time to compile your information and provide to the group. It was well worth
the wait.

Thanks to all,
Dwight

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com