[CBQ] Re: CB&Q 1956 DZ - ride & noise control issues

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q 1956 DZ - ride & noise control issues
From: "domelinerdude" <domelinerdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:17:23 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1361117847; bh=4QEvD/b0a5YJVBunHzbYGIuZy2lEWdXB3ZXlyMS76Lk=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Ya+iSDDYmGmwnAJDtz1UE9YldLqrkNsW3qN+3JSWgC0BHBh25SEnBb9Xpd67qxe2saPQ8Ar8fv2nHFXe9iEwlADuOGIWccGDs/HVdiHLXEGcphY4X0et6VMtz/JMcFJYflroQTvTw7/pnKkGphXr+nvT2g1yFb6z5cP31A9Uth4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob,

This is fascinating information. Thank you.

It is interesting as UP, CP, CN, SP, GN, NP, NH, LN, ATSF, etc. opted for the
Outside Swing Hangar truck for some equipment in the late forties  the CB&Q
went with form over function and maintained the beauty of a full skirted DZ
(which, I think was great) with a truck similar to the Twin Zephyr of 1947 with
some changes.

It would make sense the skirts may have created an echo effect of track noises
under the car.

Hubert

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com