Re: [CBQ] reports ? What reports ?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] reports ? What reports ?
From: ralph linroth <wcman8@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:40:46 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1358545250; bh=KebPin2XiU/hFjM0W0wFTr9w4NmhXZDmd+lLC2FS60k=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=UDl1VCZYeRZRKo+vbr9pL5EQRBDhIRCQ0yA4BdZOmaHCgaerEDPdgf0ARo85T2l4OaeXu2dijSiUP2HFmBaa5TQQQUkTjamifLNzmCIndsF3yJi+QXUCsFlvW6gDB8HNm8HZenXKRJzelPOvLZMcGidPF47i5xqnTZPniphZODo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Archie, Leo and list.

I knew Joe fairly well in the middle of his career when he was stationed at Galesburg ( as terminal Supt. I believe),  and I was the Galesburg Local Chairman.   I thought  he was a straight shooter and the word was on him if you didn't ever lie to him he would go the distance for you.  I found this to be true.

One railroad days in Galesburg the FRED concept was fairly new and the company had put one on display in the big tent.  It happened it was right next to our UTU booth.  Joe knew this new technology was a symbol of reducing trainmen jobs and he came over to our table and apologized and had it moved to another location.  If I remember right he met and married a lady from the Division office.

After he retired he lived in the country about 8 miles outside of Galesburg.
Bud Linroth