[CBQ] Need Atlas/Kato GP7 (early run) circuit board

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Need Atlas/Kato GP7 (early run) circuit board
From: "smokyjoe66" <js08ws62@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 18:52:17 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357498339; bh=SclT/NcexPVkJNBbVsBphciohmKf0f5VHILEY66NxeA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=UrHOUJSNwnadhz89//Gwb3L2ZTxu5G1LSjByUIApj4THg0OXkKKmGtS2Xue9DNLDBLWp/MACRhCpbqIz9KDrKZ3k1aqgPB91D92UJXeOCTIOH5+HXmBshiFizW8ObWvIj4X6BplIcjVgplcV8rcYX6Nk+6cGYCS0NAuPqbC/eMI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am looking for an excellently working circuit board for Atlas/Kato GP7 (early
run with molded grab irons and no DCC connections). Anyone who will supply for
a reasonable price, please contact me off-line as soon as possible.

Over the past year and a half I have posted several messages here from which
many of you have probably concluded that I have been dragged into a "project
from hell" situation. The first craftsman (from Wisconsin) who sought this "add
a-few-detail-parts" job from me after having seen my request on this message
board sat on it for an entire year and DID NOTHING. For the last eight months
of that time he refused to communicate with me. Finally I contacted the police
who paid him a visit and directed him to "get the matter resolved quickly or he
was going to be charged with stealing". The craftsman miscreant sent the model
back to me in pieces.

Without checking them I sent them on  to a premier friend/hobbyist/craftsman in
Florida. He promptly notified me that the circuit board was missing, but he
would try to do the best he could to make an acceptable model out of it. He was
truly the Good Samaritan. The paint job is museum-quality. But the mechanism is
not so good. It requires a lot of juice to move at barely acceptable speed.
Moreover, when stopping and reversing it makes a temporary " marbles in a
blender" sound before moving normally.

I strongly suspect that most of the problem comes from an "after original
market" directional-constant lighting module which he installed. I have had
first-hand experience with those and learned that, after installation the
locomotive requires a lot of juice and meets a lot of resistance in starting.

I can't ask my Florida friend to do any more work as he has not charged me
anything to do the exquisite paint job. He has done it as a "Good Joe" with the
kind heart. Perhaps someone reading this has the required model (basketcase
junk will do, and it doesn't have to be CB & Q) from which can be scavenged an
excellently working circuit board. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for
the required part or for the entire unwanted model. Respectfully request that
any response to this posting be off-line.

Thanks for the many wonderful responses to my recent inquiry why CB & Q Mars
lights on Geeps and O5s showed clear over red. The knowledge, and kindness, of
this group is impressive, and very much enjoyably appreciated. I hope there
will be more forthcoming on riveted tank cars. Years ago I photographed one
here in the Brookfield, Missouri yard that had been built in 1912. I'll try to
dig it out and share it soon. It was in MofW service.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com