[CBQ] Quick stop

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Quick stop
From: "mdeckergwtcnet" <mdecker@gwtc.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 09:18:12 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357463901; bh=rto9bDQ3xn+hg8ZnysVcMANSfdAHtBeRV+xYAm45vPw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qsqRAjytPUNW7UkkcGcv1Gl4orbrKKBKG6zi7d3vF9RT88RI80OGJpnNsT5fKAcvbq6pXQhZn6kVZQHVMltTt/zy1pKDIWk42F4/KiFl0L1uqw3L4hYSu4+CnlZvuBhqMoKO0uQIN0/oNJ/wRwEw/BndgOjdQaEwPKGJzcA0nxA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Since the coal business is kinda' in the toilet, and the GN is filled up with
oil trains, the Company is running quite a few freight trains through here to
Billings and West.  Last night I came up on a "stack" train full of oriental
tin cans :>)  About 6000 tons with two motors on the point and a slave.

As we're dropping through the sag at Owens, runnin' on the Irish, the
two-headed approach signal for the crossover at MP 510 goes dark, both heads.
Oh, shucks.....or words to that effect:>)  Now, I gotta' stop.  Well, I'm in
eight, just gettin' it up to its 55 MPH track speed, so I did what came
naturally....I set a minimum, and kept making graduated reductions and
throttling down until I had about 17 pounds in it and we stopped in 2 throttle.
 It was the nicest stop from speed I've made in years....but I'm sure Karl can
probably fill you in on the reaction, complete with weeping and gnashing of
teeth, that will occur in the tape reading room in Fort Worthless when they see
that one LOL

They've pretty much given up on messing with me about train handling anyway,
but I made sure to call "Real Train Slayer", who was pushing the buttons last
night, to cover my posterior by reporting the signal :>)

Mike

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com