[CBQ] Re: Suggestions on Savanna to Denrock line and Mendota area

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Suggestions on Savanna to Denrock line and Mendota area
From: "Paul" <paulschmidtart@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:29:37 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357233847; bh=yf35W1zU8mEu2BbK2KwJwbs2/Wr3VDStBonwytO4MVE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=v75rrP7PP59g3tQH6ahYNQsJMGDe9RYNMeWxm3I4UfL77g9vTT7hioJS8T32dWNatqs3r8iOhb+odpVxmPGKtuirq20FTpTi2A3bEFQhrAXPZa8NQeENLp+ILV1AvnO62L+VNKCx8+hP9ihB86B2cjpBrLWoRAtfWar0JZmd4kQ=
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357233845; bh=YMgDRlU2MKpY3XC45sV2S233nY5/Z3JTNnU6sc5y4bs=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=ovWn04Yvz6gdLhPnsJvcv2hLNmBsyI6LCDcT3mLUgyeifZvyThEhI/LtCcoeT0EqSXWVUtmoQmnkB+JgyZCz/Sr08onKtx/Qdooh9hiEnDCEdh8BysK35lrQ9f06TWEqaimI1HirhAa3OiXt29zi+Kwdi6YjrWhsTzzhEF8jxV8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The branch to Garden Plain was once a mainline and went to East Clinton where
it made a junction with the C&NW near their river bridge. Also where it crossed
the the Milwaukee Ebner branch there was an interchange. The junction on the
old 5th sub was near Lass north of Fenton and after it was relegated to a
branchline and shortened to Garden Plain it served Brinkman Pessman, a
lumber/coal yard and Markman Peat and Potato. When I worked in this area in the
early 70s, Denrock section crew, there was a local that originated in Sterling
and came over via Lyndon and worked all the grain elevators and industry above
Barstow and would be the train that went to Garden Plain. I remember the
conductor, a character by the name of Walt Metler.The station of Denrock was
manned by an agent/operator 24 hours a day and also had a mobile agent with a
step-van office and a section gang. We operated completely with motorcar only
and maintained the track from Barstow to Oliver, Garden Plain branch and the
entire Lyndon branch to Galt.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com