Re: [CBQ] Q lanterns.

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q lanterns.
From: Rhonda <macon249@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:59:02 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1346939956; bh=3+4nPGENtuZrWBti1b4ieTmBePoH7CgHvGAd9qlkovU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Received:References:In-Reply-To:X-Apple-Yahoo-Original-Message-Folder:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Apple-Yahoo-Replied-Msgid:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=j4tS3wU7dzoccil37Nv1hiJ3bLNGa+7igCNMScOA9zNVVzz4I9EY43VPfT5DS/H3P7tN55jugZPMVQoaQz6utTQ2sjkvU9LXQp22zz/HtENi6IBUtLliOx18pDeCpol1
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I have an old blue print of the old tool box used by the "Q". They was pretty famous for the two handled box. In my early RR years, there was dozens of them around. The print I have, is for a section house. It shows where to put or store, different color lanterns. Red, yellow and green was shown and maybe blue, on the print. I can only think these were used for emergency night work. I think you was talking about the 60's. By that time, most lantern's was replaced by batteries or later reflective tape. For a backup move, just a white light or fusee. As stated most was placed on the drawbar, so they didn't get burned.
Bill Jackson

Sent from my iPhone