[CBQ] Bruce Turner

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Bruce Turner
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 13:39:17 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1346783962; bh=QT1nAhDnD47SyBfHNwNj0Rs6K0dk9Aaq2LH+rdUWZQc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=H74bRGtWUCxdC3XEpgnQUo2jO/L9/hK9Sst6CGw8BavTHLQLdgYZ0KvHd8DQ+gf9QH/VUUcy0QECdcT51Cvkx+Gr9M/QmTk2g9lmkdjS/KvT6Kw+69pVAilBDx0kftWp
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

All-

During the discussion of Trainmasters , Dispatchers and other CB&Q people the name of Bruce Turner came up.  Bruce was a member of the “Bolingbrook Branchliners” when we both lived in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in the early 1970s.

Just received word from Justin Crom that a week ago he rolled over in bed and felt a pain severe enough to send him to the ER.  X-rays showed that he'd broken his pelvis, and showed bone disintegration (lytic bone lesions).  Yesterday his doc told him that it appears Bruce has "multiple myeloma".

Not good!  Wikipedia (that fount of medical knowledge) says mm is treatable but incurable.  Median survial 3-4 years.  They're doing additional blood tests and checking the rest of his skeleton for additional bone damage.

Please him in your thoughts and prayers, I'm afraid our friend is in for rough time.

Charlie Vlk