RE: [CBQ] Orange NE10 Question

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Orange NE10 Question
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 12:17:11 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345306632; bh=YpXHXs3LLVXeB9TnUCWrSkVMm4w8OWMFbFYFv+XbJfQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:Importance:X-MimeOLE:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=XGvuBiQoM1ONDJjZIlqU4df9McnM+YMYVbngTsZ2pE5kw1+EjBPAJtAgRMJxgRMBgxQnz8NvNdBgV3P14XQ4MCzVYFCKzO/gWpZCfuF6C3JfhS5Jrm3uE9C8cAtaewm+
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hi Eric,

It was customary for the waycar numbers to be on each side of the waycar, on each end, just above the doors, and centered near the roof on the front and back of the cupola.  The Railway Classics drawings reproduced in the new Burlington Waycar book show the placement and stencil style (not a font).

Inside the waycar the numbers were painted above the door on the long end of the waycar and just above the center grab iron between the two cupola seats (effectively showing above the door).  There is an excellent view of this on page 364 of the new Burlington Waycar Book.

Dave Lotz