RE: [CBQ] Northwestern University's Transportation Library

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Northwestern University's Transportation Library
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:39:54 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1344911997; bh=PpJ59P1xp5kI0VoGlmjzeUyhRgCX25YJucxZyaHy+Og=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=fCK4RfrzqxD6tnE7I4f0sqpkX7hiMXk8OYrPUP99rJryo4VU2xTI0cEL1Gq4A9g+w8pTTvcCd/MR5dq8Y3PKYpG68wQdxtSv6GqloPE3MRTJavZl+4PpcI7+rngnt61g
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Glen-

They have a good range of CB&Q Annual reports.   The upstairs library is dismal….I’ve seen more resources in public libraries.   The stacks downstairs have old Railway Gazettes, Age, Illinois Warehouse & Railroad Commission reports, and other technical journals…..mostly mixed up and out of place and in poor shape.   Luckily, most of the earlier stuff has been digitized as far as technical journals prior to 1910.   I didn’t find too much there of interest but it may be worth a day’s research time….who knows what you might find.  Yes, you can sign in and get full access without a prior appointment.

Charlie Vlk