Re: [CBQ] Wyoming photos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Wyoming photos
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1344383063; bh=ULNb/6WQ6WnxgV2+VTayH24afcErY4+D+GF8YbqxVw4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Svo8Tu0MB8WnzW28LM2/JIAZJ3kXt+eee9/zmR+b6umDjRLS1WwlZ3KZiwrg5rJDkv9OM+rHh5Rm3Alzb7neKcOtJSgjcAD1lS3XTY8gN/HO1byQ5u0zPHsjqt3AOl1h
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Archie..I guess I'll have to have another look..I missed that item...It made me think about how ingenious and...generally helpful to each other those old guys were...It really was pretty much a family thing and everybody looked out after the other guy...sometimes even a bit too much when it came to the matter of Rule G.

Something in that same vein just came to me.   I worked the Lincoln-Wymore local several weeks each summer that I worked 56-58.   At DeWitt where the "High Line" took of from the Crete Wymore line we always had 15-20 mty grain boxes to set out on the siding south of the depot.  The Wymore-Fairmont local would pick these mtys up at DeWitt to peddle to elevators going west.

I remember the first time I worked the job the Conductor said.  When you cut off from that setout be sure to turn the angle cock so "them other guys" won't have to walk all the way back down there.  I always remembered to do that and it saved another brakeman a considerable walk.....Kind fits in with the train order hoop arrangement   I never thought about that...Maybe since those kind of hoops had gone out of style before I cam along...I never had the "privilege" of picking up orders with the old style hoop that had to be returned.  I heard that they packed a pretty good "wallop" when they were grabbed at speed.

Pete