[CBQ] Re: Commuter train personnel

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Commuter train personnel
From: "Larry" <lsallee@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 23:06:18 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1344035182; bh=4ly3Tj/tg7tC/QkYAAZ2NWVp45GSkRQnVidSytN1dO8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=GEqWASeo833WdpT+d7D5cSmm004kYTMA7RnvQuWhEL/3VbRooGnM1fblDf9hvz3pyYXoh2d2lWOIYJ1sa/pzKm6aVfFmoJiHLHI2/dUFJFd+4pA0sCXYGEgx/c2DY7hG
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I find the whole thing about using sealing wax and a station stamp absolutely
fascinating. I guess I always associated something like that with perfumed
letters dispatched by smitten lovers in the Victorian era, and yet here it was,
common practice on a class one railroad until the mid-70's!

On the other hand, that WAS 40+ years ago (yikes), and as I recall, at the time
railroads were not exactly considered to be at the forefront of modern
technology. My, how times have changed.

Larry

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com