[CBQ] Re: That's news-in route mechanical troubles

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: That's news-in route mechanical troubles
From: ANDREW KOETZ <andrewkoetz@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:33:25 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1342964009; bh=EijZgc7FX0gL7nM/GLsfEybR1Ux8jD/a+BOxlrCZNnw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=lnq+Vr6sXx7aBGy9AaEXZsXuwzdq+mgYKFCCRtdisIA8xE5PFNBaS8YYsKNOFT30mWFjXzlhZoR7YwU67wCHUAA3zURu9w9/JgwVqSETtVArYg20THbLPWF76MtAhkbW
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Is there a copy of this dictionary "available" for posting on the list?

Re: This is news???

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:56 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"STEVEN HOLDING" copivd

Pete
One problem with trying to explain something of that nature is the language you
use. Working as a dispatcher at Cicero we had Aurora Men, Snuffy's and
Woodcutters. When we got moved to Galesburg there was even a Beardstown Div.
Dictionary(a file copy perserved). After the move to Ft. Worth we were in the
IDC(I Don't Care???) where every line of the former CB&Q was under the same
roof. The company built a concrete bunker inside of a Dun colored warehouse.
Then the company built the NOC(Nest of Confusion!??) and brought all the BN
Dispatchers to Ft. Worth. This did not work with the ATSF coming on board and
they split off desks to other locations. Then we got a lot of Dispatchers who
were jumping ship from other roads. Some from Amtrak came in from the Philly
office and along with it the language from Philly. Now we did not have track 1,
2(Middle) and 3 on the East End but the "High Side" "Middle" and the "Low
Side".

--
I will keep my freedom, my guns, and my religion, you can keep the "change".