Re: [CBQ] GP-7/SD-7 Mars Light Questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GP-7/SD-7 Mars Light Questions
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:03:08 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1340467397; bh=dQIDzq/c7rwRnIYMS8Mw6icvUf/wEIAdi32LqLOAJcI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=U5DxODHhMN6x9cZcE3jv1X6H41UQK1nOdgou7ToLxpj4pt4f8s4x92GWhsSkRah9Be5k5QsaHM92JeX8Es4cyhyoxadb9r2TuXU+J6zeg+2mfGYXwzk1s5K6m3IfLi9U
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Right on John...also the oscillating rear end light worked the same way..On Zephyr type trains or round end obs cars the light was built in.  In heavy weight or vestibule type LW cars the "portable"..it was pretty heavy light was hung on the gate across the vestibule opening and came on via a tail hose connection  with the emergency air application or could be turned on at appropriate times by the flagman when protection was required under Rule 99...Although the rules always carried the disclaimer that the oscillating light or ABS signals did not relieve the flagman or member of the head end crew..could be fireman or brakeman...from "on the ground protection".

Pete