Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 5087

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 5087
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 08:02:03 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1335099727; bh=75Q3Yv30dgnDndMb7PIYC6elxg06n76KfrUpwrfj9kc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=hCYAsbmzlIk6x49c2dq4wHyScZX4/Uu5/VQel5BqEzhyRiR/5qAjhtXBc3EUSwZzH2/LSIwXg4wbQKeulPHiAZug6b3ZdrDInXcmdHA27reaQrUd2J/qdXeXVyaqOzwj
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Winton,

Thanks for sharing that information. That SW15 was probably ex GN although I believe that BN purchased some SW1500s after merger. I wonder how the RR handled servicing of of steam locomotives assigned to outlying switching locations? Did they take the main rods down and ship them as a box car in the train? Who would go out and do the work? Of course, there were a lot more small engine terminals in those days, so they was always some work force around. Still, even a switch engine had to go to the backshop once in a while for flue and boiler work.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO