[CBQ] re: new file uploaded

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: new file uploaded
From: ANDREW KOETZ <andrewkoetz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 19:43:17 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1334969001; bh=9A3COwz28eiXVeELwbKjQ+qjOWkzDRHbYDpOZcQsfDo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=u50wY4aK6f8qyYF4ir7Nfg+7zuMKmiw5ikeidtiBMV3zIpgSO6HYglv/06xKGatQcsggCIM54qfH6WeSdgUYSSS0Ys8KrGpyJRBTLIGrSmzslPlYccr4IFjg/rweYl+Q
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

My dad shot slides of all predacessor roads of the BN, he even went out to Colorado and Wyoming to chase the C&S and the FW&D back in the late 60s, and post BN merger in the early 70s to catch C&S power before it was covered with BN cascade green & black. And to Jan, I will consider rescanning the photos if there is more than one "squeaky wheel" that needs the grease amongst the yahoo list, so that would be a no.

Re: new file uploaded

Posted by: "Jonathan Harris" jonathanharris@earthlink.net   bigbearoak

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:24 am (PDT)

Yes! These pictures your father took are some of my favorites from the entire Morning Sun color series, for just the reasons Jan says.

What is most valuable to me as a modeler are the excellent views showing how car roofs weather. It has bothered me for ages that so little effort is expended accurately representing that part of a freight car which is most visible in a model (because we typically view it from above, so much of the time). And that's because we normally don't see or photograph real freight cars from that perspective. Even Mike Spoor's excellent color guide to freight and passenger cars have very few good images of car roofs. Your views of the SM16/18 stock car roofs, especially, are superb. Thanks!
Jonathan

Hi, Andrew!

I don't suppose that you would be able to re-scan some of the images you posted into extremely hi-res images, could you? There are quite a few fairly clear shots of vintage CB&Q boxcars, and I think it would be of interest to the group if we could repost these in a higher resolution. Let me know if you need to know how to make these higher resolution...

Cheers!

Jan

--
I will keep my freedom, my guns, and my religion, you can keep the "change".