[CBQ] Re: Tracks at Quincy

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Tracks at Quincy
From: bsrls@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:46:56 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1334688418; bh=0EZOZZmkzDG6ioIBC2gNE2mmzijKCEh71X+RYeN4ou8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=bwymn/2bZ4WuRyi0MkFczI+5AGx/oQ/rKow4endp/Ax3sp9WcwVfL2Rs2FF9BCgjEhtn3UUvEcNUWaxPKRCwIefYRyihkg+w+wdeh4V8JfpBti9wHmBrSNYOXxobYfDM
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
My thanks to Dave Lotz and Glen Haug for sharing the great maps and track
charts that have been recently posted.  I have a 1967 book of track charts for
the Hannibal Division that does not include some of the Quincy charts that Glen
has posted of Quincy.  In addition he has posted some very enlightening charts
from 1957 that show the track layout prior to the construction of the new
Mississippi River bridge at Quincy in 1960.  The maps just posted by Dave have
also been most helpful.

As it now stands I can find no evidence of a connecting track between the north
side of Carthage Jct. and the Galesburg mainline.  It would seem that such a
track would be impractical due to the difference in elevation of the tracks and
the resulting grade and for now it will not be depicted it on my map.  This I
can now do fairly confidently but should hard evidence turn up later showing
that the connection did exist, I will of course change my mind.

My sincerest thanks to all have responded to my request for information and
also to several of the members of this group who have been for some time
providing assistance to Larry Thomas, editor of the TRRA H&TS magazine, as he
has been preparing his feature on the Zephyr-Rocket.

Best,
Bill Saenger

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com