[CBQ] Re: Steam Trips

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Steam Trips
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:07:43 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1334581666; bh=7WbzFnsd6QXGAPdaUenGjAbhqtLSV2o2juHXWqQrTjQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=WfzEFjFqGVDplgIpEy2ISqFMRG5AbyAr1YtTHHLIMhZowmdZT7fis9aaHh+3Bbjh8ivurq+5BCknsx4CLCyofm6b6ce+sM10H4TTVGup9h4slQ0Y2xE3dya8u/RRXVcU
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bill,

Thanks for the additional information. I do have those trips on my master list already. The May 20 - 21, 1961 were, indeed, sponsored by the Iowa Chapter of the NRHS. The trips originated from Davenport, Iowa and operated to Dubuque on May 20th and to Beardstown on May 21st. The trips used #4960 for power and included 8 cars on the 20th and 7 on the 21st. The baggage was a Havelock baggage in Pullman green and the remaining cars were all heavyweights. As you note, there were numerous photo stops with well selected locations.

I question the date of the way freight trip. June 21, 1961 was a Wednesday. I believe the actual date was Saturday, June 24, 1961. The Oregon way freight was one of the few on the Q that included a regularly scheduled Saturday turn. The was, of course, #5632. Possible the June 21st date was the date that the Transportation Notice No. 5451 was issued.

Thanks again for the info. While I am still missing some information including some trips and details, I have compiled significantly more information from various sources. I plan to post an update in the files section of the list in the near future. I still need to add some source information where available. My intent is to eventually post this list on the BRHS website with the help of the club directors and website manager

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO