[CBQ] Re: Existing Q Structures & Equipment from Savanna to the Twin Cit

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Existing Q Structures & Equipment from Savanna to the Twin Cities ?
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard08@att.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 17:10:35 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1333300237; bh=KvWrWMZJWScRM6P5mFUkZS+Jp6yvTmQAMQdhL+O8AFM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=iI0z98Qs8I9sxUkUJaBGGeO5DfsCWeoq0rhfxmBLPi7hGot6U+F15EtgknXczycM8Rh1/36YacLIvNjSy0iFWSb40pEt0ax537qH+NrQBbmTYVqe/E76uo1m/NG7q3rp
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@...> wrote:

> Per the BRHS Existing Structures & Equipment lists, the Dubuque freight house
> & depot no exist as part of the Mississippi River Museum.  Does the Q waycar
> still exits in a county park north of Duquque ?
>
> Although not on the BRHS list, the depot at Pepin, WI still exists as a
> museum and has a phone number.
>
> Does the depot at Prairie Du Chien still exist ?
>
> Are there any depots that have been moved off=line that still exist ?
>
> How about bridges, water tanks, etc that may still exist?
>
> Are there any item of th NP or GN (which were used by the Q) that still
> exist?  James J Hill Stone Arch Bridge ?
>
> Of course, the CB&Q #4000 Aeolus 4-6-4 is on diplay in LaCrosse, WI.
>
> Anyone have information of a railcar display in Savanna ?
>
> Any neat restaurants wwith RR theme or hobby stores along this line ?
>
> I am planning for my drive along the Twin Cities Line & Mississippi River for
> the BRHS Fall Meet in St. Paul in September 2012.  Plan to drive up from IL
> and want to know in advance what Q sites to look for.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bill H

Savanna has a rail museum in a converted Milwaukee car.  I got there too late
to see it though.  I spent the afternoon in Galena (the old Rock Island depot
is a very well preserved museum), Galena Jct (the depot there has been
removed), and in the Palisades state park.  The scenery there at the Palisades
is pretty spectacular and you probably don't want to miss that.  To get an idea
you can Google "Mississippi Palisades" and find a lot of pix posted.  The old
Savanna depot is gone, unfortunately.  I really would've liked to have seen it.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com