[CBQ] RE: New Files.

To: NPTellTale@yahoogroups.com, MILW@yahoogroups.com, gngoat@yahoogroups.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com, bigskyrailroadarchive@yahoogroups.com, SooLineHistory@yahoogroups.com, UPnorthwest@yahoogroups.com, up_modelers@yahoogroups.com, Union_Pacific@Yahoogroups.com, Montana_Railroads@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] RE: New Files.
From: thompsonpe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 07:15:55 -0500 (EST)
Cc: thompsonpe@aol.com
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1331122563; bh=aMU7+gI6kLpTY03ofvVDNdhFoI+ctMVF+m1uyq4zqzE=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Cc:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=VLVHs/OVa+NeuKiNElRvvZO4X2tGOcj/Vh/MtHHb74xNf8WbjGsnZYwlMciFaTuioxefg86tE6P4c5uGyNYoji/L9xZ0JK6AJM4EM+J1ehRiUo3vZZ5cfSkJy5SjhE00
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Good morning,

I have just added another Montana file to the Big Sky Archive list. This one has the Milwaukee Road & CB&Q listings. In terms of the Milwaukee Road I am afraid it is not up to date and having the time to do that is not on the cards. The Q list is all we have in Montana and I think that one is up to date. This still leaves the railroads where we have not drawn up a list. They are the SOO line, OWRR&N, the older historical railroads and the BA&P.

For now though it should allow you to have a very reasonable idea of what we have to work with. Which moves me to ask if you would like to make any requests. We can't guarantee they will all be done quickly but we would always try providing we have the source information. in other cases you will benefit from some of the work we are doing. When materials are part of large projects that may be published these items won't be shown in the files list. In the case of my Great Falls project the detailed maps won't be placed on line for publishing reasons and  anyway the Yahoo system will not allow PDF files of the size of the Great Falls files to be uploaded.

To give you an idea there is a GN project on the way which I can't comment on as I am not involved. There will be a further upgrade to the Garrison file. We are working on a Milwaukee Loweth project which I think might see light of day on the Big Sky Group and we are going to do a simple take on Paradise for one of our members. The Paridise project will not be enhanced at this point due to time constraints. If anyone has a request please say what it is. We can then try to meet as many of those as time allows. One tip would be look at the size of the project. We can do Butte in all of it's forms and fashions if we had 5 people working on nothing else for 5 years. We might do a small part of the larger locations as that allows some us to pick an easy part.

Anyway we have now established a base and you have some idea of what our Montana collection has available. Or objective is simple. To provide you with really good quality material that helps your research and model projects. It also allows you, me and my colleagues to have some fun.

Enjoy your day,

73s,

Peter