Re: [CBQ] Re: Scanning Negatives

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Scanning Negatives
From: Norm Metcalf <n.metcalf@att.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:04:06 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1331053466; bh=OP8rwgxjdkkK/JmnDRHIa4mb1vpfN1Npkfns8yVDUc0=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Received:Message-ID:User-Agent:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=g9CSbq5NxMb1IGusuYclIHwCckENjFaPDzHzwoyHUSCtPXJC9+AFT0aOAD+36imWU8sFIAfwe+3fp7JN4XcnoSdIYO6mpKlkGv3VkRkBpwoeWnpW2teujFsOW/lM4tL4
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
See www.copyright.gov  Yes, you can inherit the copyright.  Also, the
copyright doesn't begin until the item is published.  There are several
methods of copying negatives. Apparently Kodak has discontinued
direct-contact copying film.  There are specialized copy cameras or you
can rig a copy stand to hold a camera over a light table so as to
photograph the negative (or slide).  Prints can be copied with proper
lighting on the print.  Randy is correct that someone can sell a copy
negative without realizing it.  But to make copy negatives and sell them
without specifying that they are copy negatives is illegal.
        Norm Metcalf, Boulder Colorado

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com