[CBQ] BENEFITS: BRHS Membership

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] BENEFITS: BRHS Membership
From: "Lee" <litehousekeeper@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:57:06 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330621030; bh=8BbBtD6xnomsXaXLOug1MR/gIbJKcnt5RSFKldIOaEA=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=j26VxbNxnIlal6WR/6171IVRzs6DpczpdEpuI56aZytU/Pg680hMlA5/wOWWdfmqyjfbBOqYOUtX7haPdE7RnUNlft0hO68kQhadNHQAF/Dr6CpEkmAV7MnQU4s/3Lle
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Brian & Les,

I hope you both will soon be fellow members of the BRHS.  It's always a
pleasure welcoming new friends who share an interest in the Q.

Charlie, Dave, Jack, Steve and a host of others have spoken highly of the BRHS
in highlighting many of the fine benefits of membership ~ may I further submit
that the reward of membership goes far beyond the quality publications which
come to your doorstep.  Foremost are the acquaintences you will make from
attending meets and clinics ~ not only will you discover countless new
resources, but most importantly, lifelong friends.  I've many good friends who,
were it not for membership in the BRHS, I would have never known.

Lastly, I cannot stress enough the correlation between membership in a
historical society and the discovery, preservation & dissemination of that
railroad's history.  Aside from the obvious that dues provide direct financial
support for publications and other initiatives, actual membership numbers are
critical to inspiring the volunteers who make it all happen.  Take the money
out of the equation, everyone from the editor down to individual contributors
are inspired by the knowledge that their work is reaching "x" number of
Burlington fans to sit down to enjoy an author's work ~ when BRHS membership
increases, so does the personal motivation to invest one's time in researching
and sharing the knowledge.

As it happens, I am currently working on a contribution to the Zephyr ~ sure
would feel good to know that there are two new members who have a vested
interest in what I put together.

Mail in your application today!

Lee Edgar
Falls Church, VA