[CBQ] Re: Coal Furnace

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Coal Furnace
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:32:19 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330615945; bh=w2pc19MnfEXYh45bUafSy/GIZTeh/5LMza4nHT1krHk=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received-SPF:Authentication-Results:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=tNefSJneeA6guWthSyt4aGQcg+yFEnRFLG7c+83AbrKfG8Ae2ztskcWUyjNEGgBqojwXVB5ciMNf/utDG3sjGzuD2bzOusVzXMviIamGj6MefJTXiqSvhqAtT20ZTWrX
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo,

For many years, Dad purchased coal from Lord Lumber and Coal in Downers Grove. He used to specify Patsy coal from southern Illinois. Each load had little soft metal disks with "Patsy" on them dispersed within the coal. When they discontinued coal service, he found another yard in Lombard (don't know the exact location or name). Their decision to discontinue coal service, prompted dad to tear out the old Holland Furnace octopus and replace it with a modern gas furnace. He had just retired and did the work himself with the help of my younger brother and with planning and design assistance from the local Sears Roebuck & Co. By the way, the stoker was made by Iron Fireman, not Ironman, as I misstated in yesterday's post. Of course, Lord Lumber received their coal from the Q. I assume that the Lombard yard received coal from the C&NW.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO