Fwd: [CBQ] Re:Coal Furnace

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Re:Coal Furnace
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:20:42 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330478449; bh=SC7hF7rLgsusv7Sxmw8ogkCYOBO46rqJdR49GjYI9+8=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=J+9btW5JsdWwGadvTwcqXES65Adzzc5KrdxFRL+/N0o9wLyF/4bu/RvJ1axjWQD/16jTV9rV6Qq+ataPCRR7/yYGr9ut1twoMiKdCwBAn/bloOAuqbXEpKDGSCuAsz8z
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

One last tid bit or "plug". Based on my extensive research for the future BRHS Bulletin article on the Alley Job(my grandfather retired off the job) I believe the coal scoop I used to shovel all those mountains of snow in 1964 and again in 1967 came off the 509 in '54 when she went to the bone yard.  See the trail ?!

You'll understand when you see the photos in the article and check Steam Locos of the Burlington by Corbin and Kerka.

Oh, and  because I just completed an article for the C&NW Society, on their branch from Geneva to Aurora, I have photographic confirmation that at Cedar & River St at Aurora,IL in 1952 both roads were operating steam on a regular assigned basis !

Wouldn't that have been something to witness ?!

Leo Phillipp