Re: [CBQ] 8mm movie conversion

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 8mm movie conversion
From: Llarryo1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:34:17 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1329842065; bh=RTEd/2AY5zu+kJPAmz6ovzrJ/L+pQjs2gKvORzphnck=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=I4DUPA6wUH7Xjeu3FfWHXkN15jdWEHIpL5N9Y77P7PQyUSYfeuwDYr7IaOhegGb6l4/Ilo8ihjGLtWifuAIoqMfGFroick9VZjhgtHgboB+BA9QWJyPgsDWW/ZkdFNVJ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I started this thread about digging out your old films, but I'm afraid I have no experience with the FILM-to-digital process. I do have a VHS/DVD combo recorder that I can transfer my old VHS tapes onto DVD, so all my experience has been Tape-to-DVD. I've had pretty good luck with it.

I had taken several Super 8 films of my kids when they were little. One of my sons took my old films and had them transferred to VHS some time back. I recently transferred that VHS onto DVD then made several copies on my computer.

I checked at my local Walgreens Drug Store and they offer the Film-to-DVD service in their photo dept., but at a rate that I thought was a bit high -- $25 for the first 100 feet and 18 cent/foot thereafter. Up to 1,600 feet for 8mm and 3,200 feet for 16mm.

I'm sure that there are better prices out there. Maybe someone can make some other suggestions.

Larry Owen