Re: [CBQ] Coal Hoppers.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Coal Hoppers.
From: Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 11:07:38 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1328641680; bh=3xsIpFakfhBgA9+P67JWASpK2I2Rqkuk31SIC62h0e4=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-RC-FROM:X-RC-RCPT:X-Received:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:References:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ctlSDlcafmf/S8XnMzM/0/FtdREdFCOvyTQhzyjLCGNJ4iOq8hNd9uTKbF/+CPZfst3ZZvOk4NDCDaNuQ9pvrnlFpyabNVV6rCLJHj1p9G+ISf/aycao3NNcxeRUVIQX
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
According to the Data Sheet on twin hoppers the BRHS put out the class HT-1
thru HT-4 were originally  painted Mineral Red with Roman lettering and white
on black heralds. The HT-5's carried the same basic lettering with the addition
of the script "Everywhere West" centered on both sides beginning with the 1937
cars. In 1958 the Q started repainting them in Chinese Red they added "Way of
the Zephyrs" on one side.
The Athern twin can be modified to make an acceptable class HT-5.

The War Emergency cars (class HT-8)  were painted in Mineral red with white
Railroad Roman lettering and white script "Everywhere West" and "Way of the
Zephyrs" slogans.  When some were rebuilt in 1959 the slogans were left off.
The Athern and Walthers composite cars are both close.

Ken Martin

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com