[CBQ] Re: Q Physical Plant

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Q Physical Plant
From: "Mitch" <soocarman79@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 02:12:48 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1326334371; bh=d2mYNUSkUqUZ8REphUFhSL/g9wpDtuzIm7JulER4j7s=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=UzND+RGvwqL3S4I3XD4m6MurXMXnSX1QLZbfOJtXfrlUAd/S9Pa6vKOORGUHWFgC6e43MJQOkBET9mDOLbzw8psnuag4rCUy5KqPcFmv/70SjIvxs//c3sR3uNYLsVh9
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo, Thanks for the information you presented. The first thing that struck me
was how the Q and other roads run HIGH speed passenger trains on that light a
rail and slag ballast.  Years ago a friend showed me a slow order for the
Morning and Afternoon Zephyrs "do not exceed 95 mph"
Second it appears to me that the Q might have been ahead of its time with the
short fast trains.  Isn't thats what manufacturing wanted "just in time
delivers" to cut down on inventories? Isn't that the concept of some of the
regionals offer frequent fast trains to provide better service.  With the
freight rates the way they were that was the only thing railroads had to offer
was speed.
Did the Q at anytime think or plan to double track the C&I?

Mitch

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com