[CBQ] Lumber District/Western Ave Yard/Chicago Passenger Roundhouse as o

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Lumber District/Western Ave Yard/Chicago Passenger Roundhouse as of 1915
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:13:13 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1322010801; bh=knDaxX57Z+p7psftKcd/4OYYZ0pRIkV/siHI90PgTZk=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=CgQU1o+UdgWS3xlaH4yc7Q285pc+J9m5TqkqZlyHwzEiRt5cK6ON/oivfW/9hb3Q/G5ahLiVaFVB3z2KlYaqmZW2pEWzusGGcHALV74q4lIk6b5+NZxRF2bDM/nDzASF
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I was working on the Chicago LCL article tonight using one of my favorite
sources from the U of I library just brought home by my daughter for another
 month loan. I thought I'd let the group know about a couple of the new
findings(at least to me) from this 1,100 page tome.

1) Does anyway know where the Q Chicago passenger roundhouse was located
prior to being reassinged to Western Ave ? I found documentary proof tonight
and  it struck me that in all the years of being a Q fan I dont think I
recall it  ever being mentioned.It was not where the Zephyr pit was later
located.This map  will be in the future LCL article.

2) Rumor has it that Ed De Rouin was researching the Lumber District  when
he passed on. The maps of the Lumber District in this book can only be
described with many superlatives. The spaghetti was unbelievable.

3) There's a map of the Qs Western Ave yard. It shows the yard divided into
 4 sections. One each for foreign road arrivals and departures and one each
for  Lumber District arrivals and departures !

Hope to include as many of the maps as are relavent in the distant LCL
article.

Leo Phillipp

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com