RE: [CBQ] N and HO Modernized Pioneer Zephyrs

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] N and HO Modernized Pioneer Zephyrs
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:48:29 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1318967277; bh=/heMjA/LbIok8op9J7Z3bINXel2iH0BS+mqi7uOqbZU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Importance:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Vw9AtJRgyyOAsVHEE5+AMnMlIVy/CSPdmGVfNdH7M1/CKgsWgifgx1yHnn6zK+MDfqqnzQfNx/kBrnZih7r909qdzDUz8fg5jHSioD2ow635eH8fZDZvg2LmQnlKBuZZ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As an addendum to Charlie's post, I discovered yesterday that QSI Solutions
has recently recorded a Winston diesel (perhaps the last one still
operable?) for a DCC sound decoder to be released soon. Digitrax is
currently offering a sound decoder for the Zephyr, however Con Cor states
that the sounds are the best match currently available, suggesting that they
might not be authentic. The soundtrack of the movie Silver Streak has been
converted into a sound file for use in DCC decoders, but the sound quality
is circa 1934. I have not heard either the soundtrack or the Digitrax sound
files, but I have decided to wait for the QSI release, since it will play on
their new Titan stereo decoder and it represents the actual sounds of a
Winston diesel in operation. This information is on the QSI web site, for
anyone interested.

Nelson