Re: [CBQ] Torpedos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Torpedos
From: archie hayden <kliner@mywdo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:33:29 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1318610013; bh=15Spnv0IlP8/OEh+byY3aysBdsrqjkfEsvLCweEAysM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-RC-FROM:X-RC-RCPT:X-Received:Message-Id:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=B4DK+eOdd+5/b8CLZhMWPTt89bci4DzZW1eyOKROV0ClqG5LX+0c2G9HepcuHlFPd6TRzlWNPsepEGJhAO31poDSvIDKSo80Q5KjzdeSLmjp0cj2AJ2HLRH2D7p/CihN
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Yes, Pete it was Bill's dad.  They moved to Hannibal in the summer of
1967 from Childress, Tx where he had served as an official.  Bill
worked in the depot at Childress as a clerk and he told me a funny
story about their "depot dog".  Seems like the cook on the evening
passenger train took a liking to the dog and would fix the dog and
Bill a big roast beef sandwich before they departed.  It was Bill's
duty to pass the meal on to the dog and he was tempted to eat them
both himself but the dog was glaring at Bill and growling that night
so Bill lost his nerve and fed the dog.  I bet the dog would have
squealed on Bill if he hadn't shared.  I have a picture of that Depot
dog.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com