[CBQ] Re: Bridge markers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Bridge markers
From: "Joe" <mp36er@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:04:25 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1317668668; bh=0pVZ9EVbX4xMU7BM9o3JdceWkxco+WxvQsKjJU0QXOk=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=K58WqS3JtEuAQU5bhfb6Q5isPiKIk1ADc3vmxiNhg2Ab4iTCZxwmJWC9ratMkRt0HkxmoD+ZiSqibIotWBL2VbYcSEXFUIeF6fTAcrKh2V1P0/p/mXwbeDCLKrm84eoo
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The bridge is at Milepost 24.56. There's a decimal point after the 24 on the
concrete marker, but it was probably worn or you just didn't notice it. All
bridges and overpasses have a milepost number to identify it. Some have metal
signs, some are painted (especially for overpasses over the tracks, the
milepost is often painted on one of the piers next to the RoW), and some still
have their concrete markers. On the East End, I know for certain the following
locations still have their concrete markers: I-294 bridge, Main St Lisle,
DuPage River in Lisle, DuPage River in Naperville. I'll have to look closely
next time I'm at work, as I don't recall which other overpasses retain their
concrete markers.

Joe LeMay

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com