[CBQ] Denver Pacific Carr section house

To: union_pacific@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, earlyrail@yahoogroups.com, cbq@yahoogroups.com, colorado-railfan@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Denver Pacific Carr section house
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 04:14:26 +0100 (BST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1306811669; bh=9kxn/qKEI0TK5BRyyiH5o0cEAcy1XLjuRfS4Ei5oLT0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fwHPRrs97KPMjzL2QoL64l7AlYF1gEVlflzr0Vz7mx4JoL/8WrFqnmOKrAeUkcoJEumxzRqv97TnDcxYj81q5ZLDnx2JVE4Vl2lOrjsKh6YUgf3VHg75MylPcGK7cL5K
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Good news i went with some trepidation to check on the DP section house i
discovered at Carr last year, and found a young new owner who has done a
wonderful refurbishment on what he thought was 1903 residence. Last time i
visited it it was repossesed and derelict and for sale for $44,000.
Needless to say he was surprised to see me and the photo i had for him of his
house around the turn of the century when it was next to the tracks, i also
showed him the measurements listed in the 1896 inventory, we measured his
residence and the addition and its within inches of being correct.

I was very happy and so was he and he may well accompany us on the Terry Ranch
history walk on 11th when we look at the foundations of the Athol DP section
house. Its always nice to enthuse someone else with early western history and
tell them their house is 34 years older than the records suggest !

Mike Pannell

Cheyenne

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com