RE: [CBQ] Short history

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Short history
From: John Van Ness <johnwvn@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 06:04:15 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1305716767; bh=d+AkA+wO1uZDfb/oOT/mxFAkAwbHD329hEoJ//MZy88=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=PGvWDSxVv060Vb1YZnYInexo8+3ZH+puCHzFjEseXdY2SwDmGKaC98xWICwtODoCgsItl3brwAq4R+W7aK4qE1ijSn35GhOUPlDJkUhnHRMvlHhr3kVkHh6a+WnJqYoD
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Gerald.

By the way, before I say anything else, thanks for keeping me on the mailing
list.  While I do not always get everything read, I greatly enjoy the plethora
of topics and the vitality of interest.

That much said, I do have a question for which I could probably find the
answer, but I have learned that people are consistently my best source of
information.  The year is 1912, the point of origin is Chariton, and the
destination is first Marshalltown, then Boone.  What line or lines would a
passenger travel both north, then west, and what time or times a day?  If you
just answer the first part, I can use my very handy CD-rom on train lines in
1910 to detect the rest.  I appreciate anything you give me.

I continue to work on my research and writing about the Villisca murders.  The
entire screenplay has been rethought and just now is being revamped as I work
around times when my back and right hip allow me to walk the golf course.  I
once was pretty fair at golf--qualified at age 53 to be a teaching pro, in
fact--so being able to play at this time, when I appear to be facing some
corrective procedures or even surgeries, is no small matter.

All well at your end, Gerald?  Your elan vitale seems strong.  I admire the
time and energy you devote to this passion for trains.

Thanks--John Van Ness

PS--As a taxpayer, you should feel good about how prisons are spending or not
spending your money.  We are working very short-staffed with always 500 people
crammed into a space designed for 240 at NCCF.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com