Re: [CBQ] Identification of railroad photos...

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Identification of railroad photos...
From: "cvlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:54:32 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1298400871; bh=qG1mHjLkf61j+9ZMQdshcjwZgS7IR/3Cu1xVKeJ7KZc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=m1qgbzIi73iDBpSo17E5l4WSKIPR3Z5Y6YEWOKbl1aNgAJG9TBWmy4DAWbdgOrwIhZKr+J518Y65NAJHN6IOBQ7ovikDYK3B4VQinAaduYCgAxp+tYXsCROpoaugfFVH
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jan-
steam_002 is NYC (a Mike downgraded to switching service) shoving a consist to
LaSalle Street around 36-37th Street in Chicago on the NYC/RI tracks.   The
Armour Institute/IIT Main Hall is in the background behind the power plant
stack.  I don't recall the date of the fire that destroyed the south peak of
the building (where the IIT Model Railroad Club layout is) but I'd guess the
shot is pre WWII.

motor_844 looks a little like some of the Canadian interurbans maybe???
steam_001 is Southern.. don't know the location.
steam_004 looks like a B&A 4-6-4T but I'm not familiar enough with Boston or
other skylines on the east coast to ID the location.
steam_ 15 is a CNJ 0-6-0 but I can't vouch for the number or the owner at the
time of the photo.

Charlie Vlk